To get started with the IzoT SDK Ready-to-Run Image for the Raspberry Pi, view the following video:
Getting Started with the Raspberry Pi
Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Get a Raspberry Pi Model 2, Model B+, or Model B with power supply. Get the Model 2 if you will be running the IzoT Server or router. You can get more information on where to buy a Raspberry Pi at www.raspberry.org/buy. The following are a few distributors:
- Get a 4GB or larger Class 10 SD card. The IzoT SDK has been tested on a Raspberry Pi, Model B, running Raspbian Linux and using a Samsung UHS-I 4GB SD Card. It is also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Model B+. In our testing the Samsung UHS-I SD Cards have been more reliable than other cards, and provide better performance.
- To run the Multi DIO example application, also get a PiFace Digital I/O Board. The following are a few distributors:
- Download the IzoT SDK Ready-to-Run Image for the Raspberry Pi from www.echelon.com/products/izot-sdk.
- Insert the SD card for your Raspberry Pi in your computer's SD card reader/writer.
- Format the SD card with SDFormatter, selecting the options for a Full (Erase) format type and select the Format Size Adjustment option.
- Extract the Raspberry Pi image from the file you downloaded in step 4 and write it to your SD card using an SD card raw image writer.
- After the write is completed, remove the SD card from your computer, install it in the Raspberry Pi, and boot the Pi.