- Begin with a new project in IzoT CT, working in engineering mode. For information about IzoT CT, see the IzoT CT and , OpenLNS CT, and LonMaker page.
- Define the first channel to be an IP-852 backbone by name and defined characteristics.
- Create additional elements in IzoT CT to complete the network design, such as:
- Add channels and a router per USB adapter that is connected to the SmartServer's four-port USB hub.
- Add a router between the IP-852 channel and the internal IP-70 channel.
- Add LON FT channels connected by a logical IP-852 channel over the local IPv4 infrastructure.
- Add a device on each FT segment as needed for routing over the IP-852 channel.