The IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVK is a hardware and software development kit for developing devices using IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless communications that can communicate with wired and wireless devices based on the IzoT Platform. With the IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-FI EVK, you can use the IzoT Platform to create highly reliable communities of devices for the Industrial Internet of Things using the CPM 4200 Wi-Fi Module, and develop your applications using the C or C++ programming languages.
Your IzoT devices can collect physical data from sensors built to monitor things including temperature, humidity, light-level, power-consumption, air quality, or moisture, and make the data available to other IzoT devices within the community. Using data received from other IzoT devices and locally attached sensors, your IzoT devices can also control physical actuators such as LED dimmers, motor controllers, damper controllers, and solenoids. You can use the Wi-Fi CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVK for the following:
- Create and edit C/C++ code to implement your device’s functionality.
- Compile, build, download, and debug your application to one of the included Wi-Fi Evaluation Boards (EVBs)or to your own custom devices based on the CPM 4200 Wi-Fi Module.
- Test with prototype I/O hardware with the included EVBs or use your own custom device to build and test your I/O hardware.
- Install your device into a LonWorks or LonTalk®/IP network and test how your device interoperates with other LonWorks or LonTalk/IP devices on the same Wi-Fi channel, or on other LonWorks or LonTalk/IP compatible channels such as Ethernet or Free Topology (FT) twisted pair.
The IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVK contains the following components:
- IzoT the CPM 4200 Wi-Fi SDK (available as a free download from www.echelon.com/products/izot-cpm-4200-wifi-evk)
- IzoT Net Server CD
- OpenLNS Commissioning Tool (CT) DVD
- Two IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVB Evaluation Boards
- Two USB A to USB Micro B cables
- IzoT Router
- Asus Wi-Fi Access Point and IP Router
- Ethernet cable
- Four power supplies
The IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi SDK is a fully-featured software development for IzoT devices using the CPM 4200 platform based on the popular open-source Eclipse integrated development environment for C/C++ development. You will use the CPM SDK to rapidly develop applications for the CPM 4200 Wi-Fi Module using C and C++ with the IzoT Markup Language.
The IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi Evaluation Board includes a USB Micro-AB connector to support source code debugging from the Eclipse IDE without additional hardware.
See the following topics for more information on how to get started with the IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVK:
- Getting Started with the IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi EVK
- Installing the IzoT CPM 4200 Wi-Fi SDK
- Configuring CPM 4200 Wi-Fi Communication
See the following topics for more information on how to develop applications for the CPM 4200 Module:
- Creating a New Project
- IzoT Markup Language (IML) Overview
- Creating a New Debug Configuration
- Building, Loading, and Debugging an Application in RAM
- Loading an Application in Flash
- Restoring Factory Defaults on a CPM 4200 Device
- Testing a Device with NodeUtil
- Creating a Network with the IzoT Commissioning Tool
- Monitoring Network Traffic with WireShark