To get started with the IzoT SDK source distribution, follow these steps:
- Download the IzoT SDK source distribution from http://downloads.echelon.com/support/downloads/izot/sdk/2.00.29/izot-sdk-2.00.29-se.tar.gz.
- Open a console window for your target platform.
Install any updates and upgrades for your target platform operating system. On Debian-based Linux distributions, enter the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrad
- If you are upgrading from a previous release of the IzoT SDK, stop any IzoT-related services and processes. For example, on Linux, stop the IzoT services and processes as follows:
- Stop any IzoT services: izot_stop all
- Verfiy that all IzoT services are stopped: izot_stat
- Verify that all IzoT-related process are stopped (for example, look for processes referencing files in the izot-sdk path): pstree
- Deactivate the IzoT virtual environment: deactivate
- Log out of any other terminals or consoles that may interfere with installation.
- Copy the IzoT SDK source distribution to a temporary directory on your target, for example /tmp. If you are using PyCharm, browse to the file in the Project pane, open the Remote Host pane, browse to your temporary location, and then copy the file from the Project pane to the temporary folder in the Remote Host pane.
- Open a console window for your remote host.
Change to the temporary directory where you copied the IzoT SDK source distribution, for example:
Extract the IzoT SDK files from the archive (replace the file name with the name of the file you downloaded if it is different):
Run the installation script:
- Optionally copy the IzoT SDK source archives to your home directory by adding the
-s option to the above install command line.
After installation completes, delete the extracted files and optionally the archive:
rm -rf izot-sdk
- To create the IzoT virtual environment, log-out with Ctrl-D and then log back in.
- Verify the installation as follows:
- Verify that python -V displays version 3
- Verify that
which python points to your IzoT SDK installation
- Verify that izot_stat runs, and displays no running processes